BCAN is a community of survivors, caregivers, family members, and medical professionals, all leading the way to awareness and a cure. BCAN NEEDS YOU! – to sign up, to speak up, to stand up, to step forward, to take the initiative– to do whatever you can – to help BCAN raise awareness about, support those affected by the disease and help us increase funding for much needed medical research. Join a nationwide network of BCAN volunteers and make a difference!
We want each of our volunteers to have an enriching experience with BCAN, so we try to match you with the best possible opportunity for your talents and interests. There are several ways to volunteer with BCAN, but here are a couple of ideas to get you started:
- Participate in AMP UP! Move to End , either as an organizer, team captain or event participant. We-re excited about the big changes we’ve madein 2016! Formerly the Walk for , now any activity that promotes a healthy life style can be part of AMP UP! Get involved to take action against today.
- Helping your local BCAN chapter is another great way to get involved. You never know when they need help staffing a booth at a community health fair or some other outreach event. And, it’s an excellent way to meet new people!
- BCAN Connection volunteers staff BCAN’s support line for patients, caregivers, family members, survivors and co-survivors 365 days/year except for holidays. These volunteers are able to provide support for callers from anywhere in the United States. If you have a phone line and an internet connection, you can be a BCAN Connection volunteer Training sessions are scheduled as needed.
- The Survivor 2 Survivor program offers phone support to newly diagnosed patient. If you are a survivor, you can volunteer for this program, sharing your experience, answering patient questions and, most important, offering hope. Training webinars are scheduled every other month; click to register for one of the online training sessions:
- BCAN’s Speaker’s Bureau program trains volunteers to raise awareness about in their communities. There are many ways to participate! Raise awareness by staffing a table at a local health fair, tell your story, or deliver the educational presentation, 101. Training webinars are scheduled every other month, click to register for one of the online training sessions
- Hold your own fundraising event on behalf of BCAN. In recent years, volunteers have organized golf tournaments, Appalachian trail hikes, boy scout troop programs, and shop for events, just to name a few.
- Consider becoming a patient representative. BCAN volunteers have served on panels at the FDA and Department of Defense as patient representatives to advocate for more treatment options and research funds.
For more information about other ways you can volunteer, please contact Jeanne Mahoney at email@example.com or 888-901-2226 x1206.