BCAN is a community of survivors, caregivers, family members, and medical professionals, all leading the way to awareness and a cure. BCAN NEEDS YOU! – to sign up, to speak up, to stand up, to step forward, to take the initiative– to do whatever you can – to help BCAN raise awareness about bladder cancer, support those affected by the disease and help us increase funding for much needed medical research. Join a nationwide network of BCAN volunteers and make a difference!
We want each of our volunteers to have an enriching experience with BCAN, so we try to match you with the best possible opportunity for your talents and interests. There are several ways to volunteer with BCAN, but here are a couple of ideas to get you started:
- Participate in our National Walk for Bladder Cancer, either as an organizer, team captain or walker.
- Helping your local BCAN chapter is another great way to get involved. You never know when they need help staffing a booth at a community health fair or some other outreach event. And it’s an excellent way to meet new people!
- Participate in a local health fair in your own community and raise awareness about bladder cancer by distributing BCAN’s educational materials.
- When BCAN hits the road to participate as an exhibitor at medical conferences around the country, help us staff our patient advocacy booth.
- Hold your own fundraising event on behalf of BCAN. In recent years, volunteers have organized golf tournaments, Appalachian trail hikes, boy scout troop programs, and shop for bladder cancer events, just to name a few.
- Consider becoming a bladder cancer patient representative. BCAN volunteers have served on panels at the FDA and Department of Defense as bladder cancer patient representatives to advocate for more treatment options and research funds.
For more information about other ways you can volunteer, please contact Janet McIver at email@example.com.