You can now donate your used car, van, truck, boat, or recreational vehicle to the (1-855-373-2226) or you can donate on-line 24 hours a day by using our fast and easy on-line donation process. ALL vehicles regardless of age or condition are accepted! BCAN works with Melwood, a 501(c)3 organization, to provide this service.Advocacy Network (BCAN). Donate by calling our toll free number at 1-855-373-BCAN
Simply complete the on-line donation form and you will get a response, normally within hours, with all the processing instructions.
or donate your car to by calling 1-855-373-BCAN (1-855-373-2226)
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thurs: 8 am – 7 pm (EST)
Friday: 8 am – 5 pm (EST)
Saturday 9 am – 4 pm (EST)
Simple Steps to Donating Your Vehicle:
- You must have a valid state issued title from motor vehicles issued in the name of the donor when calling or donating on-line
- Contact us either by telephone or on-line to provide your car donation information
- Our office will assign to local towing company for pickup, towing is free to our donors
- Upon notification of pickup, we will send you an official donation receipt
- All donated vehicles to BCAN are sold at auction, once sold, the IRS Form 1098c will be processed to the donor within 30 days of the sale. The IRS form 1098c is attached to the IRS form 8283 “Non Cash Charitable Contributions”
Car donations made to theAdvocacy Network (BCAN), a non profit, 510c3 charity, are tax deductible. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique. The IRS allows the donor to claim a minimum of $500, however, for vehicles with a gross sale price over $501, the exact sale price of the donated car will be indicated on the IRS form 1098c.
Benefits of Donating Your Car to BCAN:
- Free towing whether the vehicle is running or not, you can donate your automobile anywhere in the United States
- Eliminate the hassle of repairing, advertising, and selling your car by letting courteous, well trained staff handle all the details
- Qualify for an IRS tax deduction
- Importantly, by donating, you are supporting the cause to help save lives
It is the donors’ responsibility to become familiar with the donation process prior to making a car donation. Please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303.
The Melwood Charity Car Donation Center, a non-profit organization, to manage and operate their car donation program. Melwood, since 1963 provides job training and employment to over 2,000 individuals with disabilities.Advocacy Network has partnered with the