The JPB Foundation 2016 Bladder Cancer Research Innovation Award
The JPB Foundation 2016 Bladder Cancer Research Innovation Award was granted to Dr. David McConkey for his project “Targeting FGFR3 in muscle-invasive bladder cancer.”Read More...
New Conversations Videos!
We are pleased to announce two new Conversations- Let’s Talk about Bladder Cancer videos are now available!Read More...
One woman, two stories…
Writer and BCAN volunteer patient advocate Renata Khoshroo Louwers shares her personal perspective after her first husband Ahmad was diagnosed with Stage IV bladder cancer.Read More...
- Bladder cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the U.S.
- Nearly 77,000 new cases of bladder cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2016.
- More than 16,000 people will die from the disease this year alone.
- Bladder cancer is three times more common in men than in women.
- One in 42 people will be diagnosed with bladder cancer during their lifetime.