National Bladder Cancer Awareness Month Recognized
Thank you to Senator Menendez (D-NJ) with co-sponsors Senator Isakson (R-GA) and Senator Brian Schatz (D-HI), for introducing and passing SRES 187 to recognize May as National Bladder Cancer Awareness Month in the Senate.Read More...
New Bladder Cancer Journal Launches First Issue
Recognizing this unmet need, Seth Lerner and Dan Theodorescu convened a first-class Editorial Board and partnered with IOS Press to create Bladder Cancer, an international journal devoted solely to the study of bladder cancer (ISSN: 2352-3727).Read More...
Interning with a Passion
The first encounter I had with bladder cancer was in October of 2011. I was a senior in high school and I was preoccupied with varsity sports, starting the college application process, and hanging out with my friends. It was the Friday of my high school’s homecoming weekend and I had plans to go over at a friend’s house after school to make t-shirts that spelled out “GO TEAM!” to wear at the upcoming football game on SaturdayRead More...
- Bladder cancer is the sixth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the U.S.
- Nearly 75,000 new cases of bladder cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2014.
- More than 15,000 people will die from the disease this year alone.
- Bladder cancer is three times more common in men than in women.
- One in 42 people will be diagnosed with bladder cancer during their lifetime.