BCAN NC Triangle Chapter: Why I am Member & Our Community Involvement
When I attended my first BCAN Think Tank in 2012, I knew I was part of something special.Read More...
A Commitment to Quality Programs
Through the generous support of Amgen and the University of California at Berkeley Haas School of Business, we have the opportunity to transform our Patient Insight Webinar Series.Read More...
The State of Bladder Cancer Research
At this year’s ASCO annual meeting in June, I had the chance to offer my thoughts on where we’ve been, where we are, and where we are going as a field and I thought it might be helpful to share with you some of the new information presented at the meeting.Read More...
- Bladder cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the U.S.
- Nearly 75,000 new cases of bladder cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2015.
- More than 16,000 people will die from the disease this year alone.
- Bladder cancer is three times more common in men than in women.
- One in 42 people will be diagnosed with bladder cancer during their lifetime.