AMP UP! Move to End Bladder Cancer
To better reflect the spirit of our movement, I am pleased to introduce AMP UP! Move to End Bladder Cancer.Read More...
Press Release – BCAN Launches Bladder Cancer Genomics Consortium
The Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) and Paradigm today announced a partnership for the launch of a large-scale genomically-driven bladder cancer study. This prospective study is the first project of the Bladder Cancer Genomics Consortium (BCGC), a collaborative effort between BCAN and major medical centers.Read More...
BCAN Joins the Rally for Research
The next few years are a time of great promise in medical research for the diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer. The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the Department of Health and Human Services, is the nation’s medical research agency.Read More...
Upcoming Fall Webinars
New Research Program
BCAN Launches Bladder Cancer Genomics Consortium
Shining the Light on Bladder Cancer
2014 BCAN Financial Documents
- Bladder cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the U.S.
- Nearly 75,000 new cases of bladder cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2015.
- More than 16,000 people will die from the disease this year alone.
- Bladder cancer is three times more common in men than in women.
- One in 42 people will be diagnosed with bladder cancer during their lifetime.