Press Release – BCAN Launches Bladder Cancer Genomics Consortium
The Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) and Paradigm today announced a partnership for the launch of a large-scale genomically-driven bladder cancer study. This prospective study is the first project of the Bladder Cancer Genomics Consortium (BCGC), a collaborative effort between BCAN and major medical centers.Read More...
BCAN Joins the Rally for Research
The next few years are a time of great promise in medical research for the diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer. The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the Department of Health and Human Services, is the nation’s medical research agency.Read More...
BCAN NC Triangle Chapter: Why I am Member & Our Community Involvement
When I attended my first BCAN Think Tank in 2012, I knew I was part of something special.Read More...
- Bladder cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the U.S.
- Nearly 75,000 new cases of bladder cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2015.
- More than 16,000 people will die from the disease this year alone.
- Bladder cancer is three times more common in men than in women.
- One in 42 people will be diagnosed with bladder cancer during their lifetime.