Ask a Doc with Dr. William Shipley
William U. Shipley, MD, FACR is a Professor of Radiation Oncology at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital and BCAN Board Member.Read More...
Since August, many patients have been experiencing a delay in treatment due to the production of TICE BCG. There has been increased worldwide demand for the drug and few manufacturers causing a backorder issue. Generally, there has been a delay in orders between 2 – 8 weeks which impacts patients, physicians and the entire bladder cancer community.Read More...
Advocacy Issue – Blue Light Cystoscopy
You may have read our posting with an update on the issue regarding reimbursement of blue light cystoscopy. As all of you know, there are very few treatments and innovations for bladder cancer. It is BCAN’s position that everyone should have equal access to all treatments, tests and innovations that have been approved by the FDA.Read More...
"The Beacon" Newsletter
Spring 2015 Edition
Watch the recording now!
WEBINAR: Be Heard! Join the Patient Survey Network
Call for Papers
New Bladder Cancer Journal
- Bladder cancer is the sixth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the U.S.
- Nearly 75,000 new cases of bladder cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2014.
- More than 15,000 people will die from the disease this year alone.
- Bladder cancer is three times more common in men than in women.
- One in 42 people will be diagnosed with bladder cancer during their lifetime.